We cut his character.
We can't do that.
It's what we're doing.
No, because then the whole movie is about my character, and that is not the story that I set out to make.
And I am not making that movie.
- I know, I know it's a tough pill to swallow... - No, that is fucking bullshit.
It is. Come on.
- That is bullshit. I can't believe you. - Lemme just talk to you for a second.
As universally-beloved as Will Smith is, a Genie played by anyone other than the late Robin Williams
was a tough pill for some 'Aladdin' fans to swallow.
Even Smith was hesitant to take on the role.
That's a parent's worst nightmare.
- It tears families apart.
- ♪ How much I love you ♪
♪ Please don't take my sunshine away ♪
- Okay, I can't see her die. She has to live.
- That's so scary.
She's literally so young, like we're the same exact age.
- I just feel really guilty, I guess about what my mom had to go through.
'Cause like I was so oblivious, that like my actions had any impact
on anyone else, and we were just talking the other day
and she's like you still don't recognize that what you do
affects our family, it's just like a hard pill to swallow.
- When I saw that mom, and then heard the loss,
it's like it was our loss.
It should not go your child goes before you.
For the rest of your life, you're gonna have a loss.
You're never gonna be the same.